Difference Between Static And Dynamic Website
A website is categorized into two major types, which is a static website and a dynamic website. What is the difference between Static and Dynamic website?
A website is an assemblage of web pages, usually containing hyperlinks. It is identified by a common domain name and published online on a web server using “www” or “worldwide web”. Examples: https://www.google.com.
Difference between Static and Dynamic website:
What is a Static Website?
The word “static” in terms of “static website” suggests stable or fixed. A static website is a website that has web pages with fixed content. In a static website, the web pages are always coded in HTML or Hypertext Markup Language and CSS or Cascading Style Sheets. Both HTML and CSS are used for describing the presentation of a document. A static website is coded without any external database.
Static websites are the most basic type of site, and these are very simple, manageable, and easy to establish. It does not need any complicated programming or database. The content of the static websites is identical for every user, and it displays similar results to every individual. These websites have specific layouts and a fixed number of pages. It has no intricate navigation details. Static websites don’t need to illustrate plain and simple texts. Miscellaneous multimedia components and videos can be used to make the website appear impressive to users’ eyes. A static website can be called as an informational website.
What is a Dynamic Website?
The word “dynamic” in terms of “dynamic website” refers to constant change. A dynamic website is a website that involves inputs that changes relying on the user, the time of the day, the time zone, the viewer’s native language, and many other aspects. It is completely based on the activities of the users.
Dynamic websites are more complex than static websites. The complexity of the website is exceptionally based on the refinement of the website. These websites are not prebuilt, it functions according to the usage, and these are built on the runtime. A dynamic website contains server-side scripting or client-side scripting to develop the changing content or a combination of both scripting types.
Many dynamic websites are composed by Content Management System or CMS to make it simple and easy to edit and update information through a user-friendly interface. When an individual uses a dynamic website, the site can change through codes that run in the web browser or the web server, and the HTML page is displayed on the browser. Hence, dynamic websites are comparatively slower than static websites. Websites linked with any kind of database are usually called dynamic websites.
Example of dynamic websites: News sites as it changes every hour at least, e-commerce sites as it changes every day at least, social sites as it shows different contents to each individual relying on the friend circles, preferences, time zones, etc. and also YouTube as it displays various video suggestions to each person, etc.
Static Website VS Dynamic Website
Static Website VS Dynamic Website – The difference between Static and Dynamic website are the following:
- Static websites are fixed and dynamic websites change frequently.
- Static websites are complicated to upgrade and also it can only be edited using HTML or CSS. Dynamic websites are easily upgradable using any of the programming languages.
- Static websites have no external database whereas the dynamic websites are composed of the database.
- Static websites load quicker than dynamic websites because of needing more processing time.
- Static websites are more informational whereas dynamic websites are functional.
- The method of developing a static website is very easy as any experienced individual can develop it, but developing a dynamic website isn’t as easy as a static website. To develop a dynamic website professional developers are required to formulate it, manage it, examine it, and maintain the security of the database and the application.
- In a static website, the content can not be altered in runtime whereas in a dynamic website the content can be altered in runtime.
- The economical aspect of the static website is cheaper than the dynamic website. Creating dynamic websites costs much more than static websites.
- Static websites don’t require CMS or Content Management System but dynamic websites need the feature of CMS or Content Management System.
- In a static website, while loading the webpage the content remains the same but in a dynamic website, the content may differ every time the page is loaded.
Advantages And Disadvantages Of Static And Dynamic Website:
There are plenty of advantages and disadvantages of static and dynamic websites.
The advantages of the static website are the following.
- Static websites are very easy to formulate and develop.
- It is economically advantaged as it is inexpensive.
- It requires very minimum data to store on the webserver.
- Provides improved security over dynamic websites.
- Better performance as it is prompt and fast.
- It is not dependent on any system such as a database or other application servers.
- Less complicated. It can be cultivated in a short span of time.
The disadvantages of a static website are the following:
- It does not have an interactive interface.
- If needed to be updated, it has to be done within the HTML code.
- Can not be modernized as it can not perform the complexities.
- The content of the static websites can not be changed easily.
- A static website is not good for long interval work, as long duration works need to be updated every now and then to be in sync with the latest trends.
The advantages of the dynamic website are the following:
- Dynamic websites adapt according to the situation and usage of the user.
- The content of dynamic websites can be updated at any moment with a Content Management System or CMS.
- The dynamic websites are very sophisticated and well organized.
- After being extremely complex and full of graphics and information, the design and layout of the dynamic website are easier to manage and maintain.
- The user interface is extremely user friendly.
The disadvantages of the dynamic website are the following.
- The dynamic websites are expensive.
- It is very difficult to develop.
- It is slower than static websites.
- The security of the dynamic websites is questionable.
It is very important to know the difference between static website and dynamic website before developing a website. The purpose of developing a website must be assessed crucially before establishing the website.
Do you want to create your own website? You’re in luck! We will do it for you. Sign up and get instant discounts!– V Network Solution